Amiga Engineering Pty Ltd is located in Tullamarine, Victoria, Australia. High quality products are what we manufacture and we proudly support local business. We are a busy specialised Engineering Machine shop and Fabricating company, servicing the Oil & Gas, Petrochemical, Transmission, Medical, Food and General Industry.
If you are fresh out of school and are looking for an apprentice role where you will learn to be an all-rounder and a ‘jack of all trades’ then send Amiga Engineering your resume.
About the Apprentice Fitter and Turner role:
- Have you ever pulled your toys apart when you were a child?
- Did you have a Mechano set?
- Where you creative with lego blocks?
- Did you build billy-carts or extend your pushbike frame?
- Did you tinker with motorbikes and go-carts?
- Do you enjoy making things with whatever is at hand – be it wood, steel plastic or any other material?
If you have answered yes to the above questions, then you’re the right person for us, so keep reading…
In this role you will learn:
- Machining in the fields of turning, milling, slotting, drilling and boring
- Drilling, ancillary duties, grinding, pedestal grinding, some painting
- Overhead crane/Forklift
- We are looking for an apprentice that is a Motivated and Enthusiastic person
- A good all-rounder
- A cut above the rest
- Willing to learn and work with their hands
- All of our staff are an integral part of the company – and are not just a number.
If successful, you will also later have the opportunity to go on and learn CNC Milling and Turning
To Be Successful within the Apprentice Fitter and Tuner role, you will have/be:
- A genuine interest in an engineering/manufacturing career
- Excited to learn new skills and work on current abilities
- A willingness to learn
- The ability to take direction and follow instructions efficiently
- Good with their hands and not afraid to use them on manual and CNC machines
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Geometry and Math skills
- Practical application and mechanical aptitude
- Pre-apprentice ship course
- if no pre-apprentice ship course, but you believe you have good mechanical aptitude, maths and hand skills then send us your resume
- Well presented with a good attitude
- Cert I Engineering (Preferable)
- Car & License
This is a full time role and if successful, would like to keep you as part of our team.
Email your resume to: email@example.com or post to:
Amiga Engineering Pty Ltd
9-11 Silicon Place